Advanced Pattern Bars II
At Helios we are obsessed with the infinte possibilities that pattern bars provide. Since introducing our original Advanced Pattern Bar class almost five years ago, we've been busy experimenting with new ways to biuld magnificent, slicable blocks of glass. For Advanced Pattern Bars II we've selected three very different techniques that are each packed with endless possibilities for creating magnificent work!
In this class you will learn how to create each of these three bar styles and make a project using a selection of your slices.
Here's an overview of what you'll learn in this exciting class:
- Van Gogh pattern bars with repeating flows of fluid, paint-dab design and variable depth
- Scrap Stick pattern bars with intricate detail created using only scrap glass
- Magic Reaction bars that allow you to create simulated glass reactions of any color between any colors (or even the same color!). This technique can also be used to mimic the French Vanilla striping effect for any color glass.
- A review of pattern bar basics and coldworking
- All firing schedules fully explained
Like many classes taught at Helios, the technique and process used in Advanced Pattern Bars II were developed in our studio and are not taught elsewhere.
|Class Size:||10 students (max)|
|Tuition:||$275 Includes all glass and firings. No tools to buy.|
|Prerequisite:||Pattern Bars: Any Way You Slice It (or equivalent)|
|Sessions||Dates||Days ♦ Times|
|PT3-170306||Mar 6 - Apr 3, 2017||Mondays ♦ 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM|