Intermediate Fused Glass Boot Camp:
Strips, Bars, Powders, and More
5 Complete Days Immersed in Fusing!
This Intermediate Fused Glass Boot Camp starts with many "core" fused glass construction techniques and then adds many of the "extras" that will help set your work apart.
What we will cover:
Here are many (but not all) of the things you'll learn at the Helios Intermediate Fused Glass Boot Camp:
- Multiple pattern bar techniques including geometric, organic, and lengthwise bars
- Comprehensive strip construction methods including design considerations, assembly, and finishing
- Advanced powder techniques including powder wafers, "freeze and fuse", and fossil vitra
- Hand and machine coldworking (finishing)
- Review of firing schedule basics
- Comprehensive problem solving
This class is ideal for:
- Artists who understand the basics but who want to take their creativity to the next level.
- Experienced fusers who are largely self-taught and want to learn new techniques and fill in their knowledge with a wide array of tips, tricks and best-practices.
- Out-of-towners who cannot attend weekly classes but who want to benefit from the kind of education that only a world-class teaching studio like Helios can offer.
With a balanced combination of discussion, demonstration and plenty of hands-on time, our intermediate boot camp is a great way to catupult your glass fusing
The Helios classroom is well stocked with tools, supplies and glass (including every color and size frit that Bullseye manufactures).
• 5 days of instruction & work time
• All glass and supplies
• Use of necessary tools
• All kiln firings
• Lunch will be provided
$1100 Includes all glass. No tools to buy.
|BO1-170310||March 12 - 16, 2018||Mon. - Fri. ♦ 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM|