Jewelry Fusing: Working Small
New techniques for making jewelry and small components! New for 2013!
In this class you will master over a dozen techniques for creating completely original jewelry unlike what others fused glass artists are doing.
Here are just a some of the methods that you will learn and put to use:
- An easy way to create glass "donuts" without any drilling!
- A different method for creating perfectly round holes for cords - also without any drilling!
- Multiple techniques for creating dramatic color gradients!
- How to create design elements using home-made flexible sheets of glass that can be cut with scissors, craft knives and paper punches!
- Approaches to making small batches of "faux stone" and techniques for using it in beautiful jewelry!
Mixing and matching these techniques - and others not listed here - you will be able to create your own signature jewelry that expresses your unique style.
While we will be working on small pieces during this class, all the techniques learned can easily be applied to larger scale work.
• 8 hours instruction & work time
• Glass and supplies needed to complete class projects
• Use of necessary tools
• All kiln firings
• Unlimited free "studio time" to complete class projects
|Class Size:||10 students (max)|
|Tuition:||$225 Includes all glass. No tools to buy.|
|Prerequisite:||Fused Glass for Absolute Beginners (or equivalent)|
|Sessions||Dates||Days ♦ Times|
|SML-170819||Aug 19 - Sep 16, 2017||Saturdays ♦ 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM|