While many fused glass artists know about glass color reactions, few really understand how to control them for maximum effect. That's why we created this all new Reaction Effects class.
At first glance, glass color reactions seem pretty straight forward: when two differently colored pieces of glass are fused together, new colors will appear when the metals that color the glass react with each other. From that simple premise, there are infinite possibilities.
In this class you will learn the following:
- Exactly what glass reactions are and why they occur
- What factors contribute to the intensity of glass reactions
- Methods for creating variable interference of reactions to create designs and patterns
- All about Bullseye's special white and clear reactive glasses
- How to use non-glass reactive materials like metal leaf and foil for more dramatic effects
Students will create six 5 x 5 inch (125x125mm) fused and slumped plates demostrating different reactive effects.
• 8 hours instruction & work time
• Glass & supplies to complete class projects
• Use of necessary tools
• All kiln firings
• Unlimited free "studio time" for class projects for six months after class completion
|Class Size:||10 students (max)|
|Tuition:||$275 Includes all materials. No tools to buy.|
|Prerequisite:||Fused Glass for Absolute Beginners (or equivalent)|
|Sessions||Dates||Days ♦ Times|
|RX2-170419||Apr 19 - May 10, 2017||Wednesdays ♦ 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|RX2-170523||May 23 - Jun 13, 2017||Tuesdays ♦ 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM|