Photoshop for Glass Artists
As glass art techology advances, techniques like silk screening, sandcarving and etching, image transfers and decals, and many more have added image editing to the list of skills most glass artists eventually need. Add to that sharing of work via social networks, the need for artist websites, and the move to digital submissions for juried exhibits and shows, and many artists find themselves needing, but unsure how, to prepare photographs to best display their work.
Our 'Photoshop for Glass Artists" class is designed to specifically address the capabilities in Photoshop that are most useful to glass artists.
Here's an overview of what you'll learn in this valuable class:
- Image basics like file format and resolution
- The Photoshop user interface and basic operations
- Masking (selecting) tools
- Using layers to simplify and manage changes
- Applying Photoshop filters to achieve special effects
- Basic tools for dramatically improving photos of your arwork
Handouts will be provided.
IMPORTANT: Students are strongly encouraged to bring a laptop with Photoshop installed. Photoshop can be downloaded as a time-limited trial or licensed for as little as $9.95 monthly (annual plan) from Adobe's website.
|Class Size:||10 students (max)|
|Sessions||Dates||Days ♦ Times|
|PHO-170221||Feb 21 - Mar 21, 2017||Tuesdays ♦ 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM|